For the majority of separating couples, the resolution of financial matters plays a pivotal role in drawing a line under the relationship and allowing them to move on to a secure future.
We know this can be a challenging and stressful journey and we will use our considerable knowledge and experience to secure the best possible financial outcome for you.
We recommend that financial matters are dealt with as part of the divorce so that on conclusion of the divorce a financial settlement can be drawn up and approved by the court.
The starting point to any financial negotiations is full disclosure of each party’s financial position. Naturally we can assist you in this process and can offer professional advice on the following:
- Financial disclosure
- Negotiating a financial settlement
- The instruction of experts, e.g. in relation to financial or property matters
- Drafting the financial settlement in a legal document called a ‘Consent Order’
- The court process for dealing with financial matters.
- Representing you in the court process for dealing with financial matters.
- Implementing a financial settlement, including:
- Arranging for property to be transferred from joint ownership into sole name.
- Implementing a Pension Sharing Order.
- Drawing up a new Will to reflect the change in circumstances
- Enforcement of a financial settlement where one party has not complied with the terms.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment, ask a question or for a guide to costs. You can also email or call if you would prefer. Please click on any member of our family team to obtain a direct email address. Our head office telephone number is 0118 947 8638