The Civil Partnership Act 2004 provided for same sex couples to enter into a civil partnership. Like a marriage a civil partnership can only end on death, dissolution (divorce) and annulment.
A Civil Partnership gives a couple rights and responsibilities identical to civil marriages, both in relation to property and financial matters and in relation to children.
When a Civil Partnership breaks down we can offer professional advice on the following:
- Separation agreements
- The grounds for dissolution and the court process
- Representation throughout the court process
- If you wish to act in person we can still help and ensure court paperwork is completed correctly and guide you through the process.
- Financial aspects of separation
- Any disputes that may arise in relation to children
Please contact us to arrange an appointment, ask a question or for a guide to costs. You can also email or call if you would prefer. Please click on any member of our family team to obtain a direct email address. Our head office telephone number is 0118 947 8638.