Office Manager and Legal Accounts Manager
Location – Reading
An innovative law firm based in Reading are currently looking for a full time Office and Accounts Manager to carry out the day to day running of the office and accounts department.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Compliance with all of the regulatory obligations including SRA and CQS
- Adhering to the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Dealing with day to day postings to client and office account
- Management of the accounts team
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Completion of month end and year end routines
- Processing quarterly VAT returns
- Producing monthly reports to all fee earners
- Ensuring all transactions are processed daily and recorded accurately in accordance with SRA and AML rules
- Oversee Credit Control
- Checking conveyancing completion statements and processing transactions
- Credit card payments
- Preparation of cheques and CHAPS payments
- Managing the petty cash
- Managing IT functions and liaising with our IT department
- Office facilities
- General management of all staff and office functions
Our preferred candidate should have a good knowledge of Compliance and the Solicitors Accounts Rules. You should be able to work independently without supervision. An accountancy qualification is preferred but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a modern forward thinking law firm. You will have a minimum of 5 years experience within a law firm.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, orientation, religion or ethnicity.
Not only is searching for a new space for your business a big decision, but taking out a lease...
As we head into the New Year, you might be thinking of starting on a new venture. Launching a...