Immigration Solicitors

Our immigration work is carried out by Sue Chana. Sue has been specialising in immigration law since 2008 and has conducted over 500 cases since she qualified.

Our Legal Fees

We have set out below our average range of fees for some of the most common types of applications.

We aim to provide a fixed fee service to provide you with certainty on pricing.  The fees below are based upon the fixed fee range that we would expect to apply for the application involved.  Some applications are more complicated than others and so a range applies.  

All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate figure when we have more information about your specific case.

Sue Chana is supported by our Legal Assistants and Paralegals whose hourly rates vary from £120 plus VAT to £150 plus VAT. Their costs are built into the fixed price that we would offer you for the work.


Please note that our fees below exclude VAT charged at 20% unless specifically stated.

Charging VAT in relation to immigration matters may depend on where you live and/or what immigration permission you have. We will confirm whether VAT (at a rate of 20%) is payable when you instruct us.

UK VisasIllustrative Fee Estimates (Excluding VAT at 20%)
Investor, business development and talent visas
InnovatorInitial/switch: £10,000 – £20,000
Extension: £8,000 – £12,000
Dependant: £2,500      
Start-upInitial/switch: £10,000 – £20,000
Extension: £8,000 – £12,000
Dependant: £2,500
UK Expansion WorkerInitial/switch: £8,000 – £12,000
Extension: £8,000 – £12,000
Dependant: £2,500
Entrepreneur and InvestorExtension only: £10,000 – £12,000
Dependant: £2,500
Global TalentInitial/switch: £10,000 – £20,000
Extension: £3,000 – £5,000
Dependant: £2,500
Long Term Work Visas
Skilled WorkerInitial/switch (in UK): £2,500 – £3,500
Initial/switch (outside UK): £3,000 – £5,000
Extension: £2,500 – £3,500
Dependant: £1,500 – £2,500
Health and Care Worker, Senior or Specialist Worker, Scale-up Worker, Minister of ReligionInitial/switch: £2,500 – £3,500
Extension: £2,500 – £3,500
Dependant: £1,500 – £2,500
SportspersonInitial/switch: £3,000 – £6,000
Extension: £2,500 – £4,000
Dependant: £1,500 – £2,500
Other Work Visas
UK AncestryInitial/switch: £3,000 – £5,000
Extension: £2,500 – £3,500
Dependant: £1,500 – £2,500
Temporary Work (incl. work experience)Initial/switch: £2,500 – £3,500
Extension: £2,500 – £3,500
Dependant: £1,500 – £2,500
Application for sponsor licence£3,500 – £5,500
Allocation of Certificate of Sponsorship£400 – £600
Study in the UK
Student Visa£2,500 to £3,000
Child Student Visa£3,000 to £4,000
Family in the UK
Visa Type
Partner (Fiancée, Spouse, Civil Partner, Child)
Initial: £1,500 – £2,500
Other types of UK Visa
VisitorInitial: £1,500 – £3,000
EEA Nationals and Their Family Members
(EU Settlement Scheme – Pre-Settled or Settled Status)£1,250 – £1,750
Individual applying to become British (Naturalisation)£1,000 – £2,000
Indefinite Leave to Remain£1,000 – £2,000
Representation at First-Tier TribunalInitial: £2,000 – £3,000

The precise cost will depend on the circumstances of your case. Where the application is relatively straightforward it is likely that the fees will be at the lower end of the relevant scale. Where there are complicating factors, the fees may reach or in some cases exceed the upper end.

Disbursements (not included in costs set out above)

Disbursements are costs that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. As with our fees, the below disbursements exclude VAT. We have marked where VAT at 20% may be chargeable but we will confirm whether VAT is payable when you instruct us.

The costs quoted here do not include:

  • Any Home Office and official fees for submitting the application. These vary depending on the type of application you are making. Please see the following link for further information:
  • Fees of independent expert witnesses where required (VAT at 20% may be chargeable)
  • Interpreter fees which vary depending on what language you speak, and the amount of time spent by the interpreter. VAT at 20% may be chargeable on interpreter’s fees.
  • Official translation fees which vary dpeending on the language and the number of documents requiring translation. VAT at 20% may be chargeable on translation fees.
  • Counsel’s fees which may be incurred for ad hoc advice on complex issues, or representation at First-Tier Tribunal hearings, at £250-£400 per hour (VAT at 20% may be chargeable).

What services are included

The work will involve:

  • discussing your circumstances in detail and advising on the Immigration Rules and your eligibility in relation to the relevant application
  • considering whether any other options are available to you
  • completing the application documentation
  • providing you with a comprehensive checklist outlining what documents are required in support of your application
  • reviewing supporting documentation provided by you and advising if additional evidence is required*
  • preparing a covering letter containing legal submissions in support of your application and submitting the application on your behalf
  • preparing further template documentation where required
  • coordinating Home Office application appointments where necessary
  • liaising with the Home Office in relation to your application if the need arises
  • giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.

*the time this will take depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain any missing documents.


Please note that we also offer advice or assistance in relation to appeals. Our appeal services are not included in the fees above but we can discuss fee estimates for this with you separately.

Factors that could make a case more complicated and increase the cost

The following are examples of issues that may impact on the fixed cost:

  • The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider.
  • Whether you have had a previous adverse immigration matter, such as a visa refusal.
  • Which language(s) you speak.
  • Whether you are applying with dependants and the number of dependants involved.
  • How easily you are able to provide all of the supporting evidence.
  • How clearly you meet the eligibility criteria for the relevant application.
  • The urgency of your case.
  • In relationship cases, where you are not married or where there are stepchildren.

How long will my application take?

We will normally be able to submit most types of application within 2 weeks of instruction provided we have received all the necessary documentation, however in urgent cases we can make an application more quickly.

We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. However, the current processing times can be found on the Home Office website.

Latest Insights